SCSMA raw materials and components are routinely manufactured to support R&D projects. Basic “as drawn” forms include wire, leaf, tube and rod. These may be subsequently machined into more complicated shapes that provide a broad range of functions. These are available in small manufacturing lots with a transition temperature ranging from -150C to +200C.
SCSMA COMPONENTS OFFER THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES:
SCSMA is a remarkable material manufactured at TiNi Aerospace from Copper, Aluminum, and Nickel (Cu-Al-Ni). This alloy exhibits significantly enhanced performance over commercially available SMAs. These include:
- Significantly greater strain recovery (9% vs. 3%)
- Much higher transition temperature capability (250°C vs.100°C)
- True constant force deflection
- Very narrow loading hysteresis
- Recovery which is 100% repeatable and complete